Virtuagym is one of the leading innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a SaaS solution and 3 native iOS and Android apps to users worldwide. We serve nearly 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership and to develop your skills and experience with us . Our talented staff of 200+ is located around two locations: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a new colleague for our Product team. Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What you will work on with your team:
At Virtuagym you have a direct impact on improving the experience of millions of end-users. In your role as Product Owner you will be part of our Mobile squad where you will be working together with the development team and QA engineer. By being the linking pin between business and technology you aim to deliver value for our company and our clients. To achieve this you will have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders, as well as, the other product owners and other members of the product team.
As our new Product Owner you will join a smart bunch of team players, all eager to share their knowledge and to keep on learning, to deliver beautiful and functional products, and to have fun!
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Own the product vision for our mobile solutions
- Interact with customers and internal stakeholders to understand challenges, determine priorities and manage expectations
- Stay up to date with new developments that involve your domain
- Establish clear requirements and alignment for future opportunities
- Manage your product roadmap and backlog
- Create and refine user stories together with your squad
- Drive the product by being the domain expert
What you will bring to the team:
- Product experience, preferably as a product owner
- Good understanding of mobile development processes and app store guidelines
- You are tech savvy and interested in technology and software development in general
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum
- You like fitness and are (or were) an active practitioner
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed
- You value an informal international work environment
- Finally, you have strong communication skills in English, our company language. Dutch is not required.
Bonus points for…
- Experience with working at a software development company
- Being or having been an active member in the fitness, health and/or lifestyle community
- Understanding technical discussions and decision-making
- Knowing your way around Jira & Confluence
- Having a feeling for UI/UX design
Here’s why you should come work with us:
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities, working in an informal and fun environment
- We are remote-friendly
- We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- An opportunity for the dynamic career growth with a lot of support from the management team
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide monthly contribution towards your gym subscription, offer free weekly crossfit & yoga classes, fresh fruit daily (when being in the office), and a Friends & Family gym discount
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions, Lunch and Learn session for personal development, Dutch-speaking courses for the non-Dutchies, and more
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 5 working days. For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at email@example.com.
The hiring process for this role consists of 3 video interviews.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.
Functie groep: Fitnessbranche
Specialiteit: Product & Innovatie
Ref nr: 98307
Naam: Sander Fonville
Hoe kunnen wij je bereiken?Handmatig invullen
Ik heb al een account.
- Solliciteer eenvoudig vanuit je profiel op actuele vacatures.
- Jouw basisgegevens worden automatisch ingevuld bij een sollicitatie, waardoor je snel en eenvoudig kunt reageren.
Bedankt voor uw sollicitatie. Uw sollicitatie is bijna afgerond. Klik op de link in de e-mail om uw sollicitatie te bevestigen.
Let op: Deze e-mail kan in uw spam folder terecht komen.
We hebben uw gegevens opgenomen in onze database. U ontvangt voor het inzien en eventueel wijzigen van uw gegevens een e-mail met verdere instructies.
Bedankt voor uw inschrijving. We zullen u contacteren zodra we mogelijkheden voor u zien.
Hou alstublieft onze website in de gaten om direct de nieuwste vacatures te zien.